General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video Teleconference Tech.
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
**CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE**
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Technician and Help Desk Support in order to support our Justice Programs team in Clarksburg, WV. In this position, you will support the Dept. of Justice VTC Engineering and Installation Team by installing and troubleshooting VTC display and VTC management systems in addition to providing fundamental IT support to our customer.
Qualified candidates must be committed to provide courteous and accurate technical information and support in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position performs activities associated with implementation, integration and support of VTC systems in mission critical response operations environment.
Responsibilities for the VTC Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Provide IT support to all customers
- Provide customers with status of pending ticket(s) that are assigned and serve as primary POC until the issues are resolved
- Guide customers in a Help Desk scenario to resolve their IT related issues and assist in preventing recurrences
- Provide necessary information in the help desk ticket in the event the ticket is passed to another solver group.
- Install and support VTC equipment, including familiarity with foundation technologies and terminology.
- Must be able to coordinate training on equipment for the customer and assist customer with presentation requests.
- Perform site surveys in support of new VTC system installations.
- Must be able to provide drawings of room layouts and wire diagrams of changes made.
- Deploy systems that comply with established of Justice and other industry best practices.
- Review, update, and manage information in standard repositories
Minimum/General Experience: Must have at least two - three years’ directly related experience in help desk, network, and/or A/V support. Also requires thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support as well as modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software. Knowledge of Creston is preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.