Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Engineer, CPE Sr E911
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The E911 CPE Sales Engineer is critical to Frontier Communications’ success as an organization through the technical expertise demonstrated in this role. Responsible for providing advanced pre-sales engineering technical support, including sales presentations, product demonstrations, and complex solution development, the E911 CPE Sales Engineer will help address customer voice and data requirements while maximizing revenue, earnings and customer satisfaction.
Strategic Value of Role
Generate revenue for Frontier through sales support and current customer expansion:
- Provide expert consultation services relating to complex products or projects
- Ensure technical feasibility and accuracy of each proposed solution
- Consult with clients to develop and design integrated solutions
- Insuring that the proper applications and products are executed in a timely fashion
Your role as an E911 CPE Sales Engineer will contribute to total company revenues by being knowledgeable on all product offerings, sales experience and the capacity to assess applications and develop the most appropriate solution. The Sales Engineer will provide a single point of reference with regard to the technical design and specifications for the life of the project, and to provide a smooth transition from the sales process into the design, fulfillment, installation and maintenance phases. A Sales Engineer reports to a Sales Engineer Manager.
Generates, coordinates, and oversees closure of E9-1-1 customer premise based sales opportunities. Creates and maintains winning strategic sales plans from embedded base and new logo accounts, utilizing multiple prospecting techniques to include cold calling, networking, market research, and strategic positioning. Is responsible for planning, developing and managing resources to execute sales strategies and achieve assigned quotas. Articulate corporate messaging and vision in prospecting, trade shows, presentations to individuals and groups, proposal preparation and contract negotiation. Develop relationships with and map all influencers within opportunities. Gather market intelligence on competitive activities including products, pricing, strategies and tactics. Ability to consultatively identify and position end-to-end solutions to affect the closing of new premise, maintenance, and network services business. Must have access to a car, be willing to travel 70%, and possess the ability to manage activities to achieve revenue responsibilities.
In addition, this role serves as the gateway for market intelligence on changing customer requirements for new technology and products. This position works in conjunction with the engineering and operations departments to deliver Frontier products and services seamlessly to our customer base. The Sales Engineer is a key contributor to the overall value proposition presented to the customer.
How does the E911 CPE Sales Engineer team generate value for customers?
- Gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customer’s processes and problems
- Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered
- Obtain qualitative and quantitative data to identify the right solution(s)
- Ensure technical feasibility and accuracy of each proposed solution within the cost guidelines
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure the ‘best value’ technical solution is proposed
- Developing solution strategy by providing design and pricing specifications along with the scope of work
- 5+ years of experience in designing voice and network solutions for large business and enterprise customers.
- Proven presentation and sales skills and a professional approach and appearance.
- Excellent writing skills and documentation development ability
- Cisco Collaboration, Enterprise Networking, Security, or Data Center experience
- Demonstrated time-management skills and ability to work independently
The Ideal Candidate would have:
- A Cisco CCDA or higher certification
- Specialization in collaboration and network design
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or significant relevant work experience is required
- Valid Driver's license required
- Provide technical support and consultation to account executives using your experience and knowledge of networking, collaboration, and related technologies.
- Align the needs of business decision makers to a technical solution, and present the solution to the customer in terms of business benefit.
- Conduct presentations to customers both in person and using telepresence and other collaboration tools to increase customer understanding of the business benefits of our solutions.
- Design solutions for customers and document the scope of projects, detailing the work to be done and outlining both Total Communications and customer responsibilities.
- Develop accurate bill of materials and pricing documents to meet the requirements of the project scope.
- Develop supporting documentation including network and configuration diagrams.
- Assist account executives in presenting technology updates to our existing base customers.
- Assist in driving overall revenue and increase profitability.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.