Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Mechanic - Wheeling, WV
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
Req ID: 2009
Location: Wheeling, WV
Internal Post Dates: 5/7/19 – 5/20/19
Use various hand and power tools to perform a variety of maintenance duties on building, structures, machines and equipment to keep them in good repair and working order. Installation and repair of restroom facilities and other plumbing fixtures, minor electrical repairs and wiring and routine building maintenance on environmental heating, cooling system.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operating building electrical systems, operating and performing routine maintenance and minor repairs on:
a) Environmental heating and humidification systems.
b) Building environmental, security and other control systems excluding controls, hardware, etc., associated with centralized energy management systems.
c) Fire detection and suppression systems.
- Performing other minor building, repair and maintenance functions such as painting, window repair, brick tucking and pointing, roof patching, ballast or receptacle replacement, etc.
- Maintaining emergency engines in critical administrative locations.
a) Portable fire protection equipment.
b) Plumbing fixtures.
c) House service equipment, and
- Wears appropriate safety equipment including safety glasses and hard hat when required.
- Spends most of shift walking, standing and/or climbing ladders.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- May be exposed to all weather conditions.
- Works in various buildings and surroundings, such as roofs, attics, basements, offices.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests– Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet safety-related requirements including but not limited to those standards of safety imposed by OSHA, state agencies, manufacturers and/or the company.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited to, perceiving differences in wire cable colors, working aloft, working in various buildings and surroundings, including roofs, attics, basements, offices, and lifting 70 lbs. or more many times a day
- A valid state driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record is required. Must have ability to drive vehicle with manual gearshift.
- Required to frequently work aloft, with chemicals or with high voltages.
- Security background investigation may be required.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. Associates may be required to work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
Training generally includes: limited classroom training both locally and out of state. Further training on-the-job, is given after assignment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Technical, vocational school with focus on HVAC and Refrigeration or 5 years equivalent working experience.
- Must hold Type Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Must have 5 years prior commercial/ industrial on-the-job training HVAC experience (boilers/chillers), hold a valid universal refrigerant license, be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite and understanding of database programs.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.