Federal Data Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Federal Data Systems
Number of Openings:
Job Title: Splunk Engineer
Location: Telework with a couple days in WV each week, Martinsburg, WV.
Required Security Clearance : Public Trust, or able to obtain a Public Trust and IRS clearance.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
Required Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience developing and supporting Splunk and at least three (3) years’ experience in cyber security.
· Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Splunk at client site.
· Develop, implement, and document configuration standards, policies, and procedures for operating, managing, and ensuring the security of the Splunk infrastructure.
· Develop custom Splunk searches, programming, and reporting.
· Participate in incident, problem, and change management processes.
· Measures and demonstrates software compliance with internal and external regulations.
· Manages physical and virtual environments from a unified management platform.
· Work closely with UNIX, Linux and Windows server administration teams to diagnose and resolve configuration issues.
· Hands-on support of Windows, Linux and/or AIX in large, enterprise environment.
· Responsible for provisioning, patching, and managing of heterogeneous servers.
· Hands-on support in large, dynamic enterprise IT environment (500+ Servers).
· Working knowledge of hardware platforms.
· Expert at root cause analysis, problem solving, and resolution.
· Basic project management skills.
· Strong team, communication, and customer service skills.
· Certified Splunk Knowledge Manager
· Certified Splunk Architect
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.