Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Independent Contractor
If you are looking for flexibility, the ability to work independently, and have an interest in real-estate, construction, or interior design, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Castle High Value Surveys, a division of Overland Solutions (an EXL Company), is a leading provider for high value residential insurance surveys to the insurance industry nationwide. We are currently looking for self-directed independent contractors to work from their own home or office to service reports throughout West Virginia with a concentration of work in the western part of the state centering in the Charleston area. We are interested in those knowledgeable in real estate and/or building materials and construction techniques.
As an Independent Contractor for Castle you will be responsible to schedule and conduct site-based residential property surveys that will be used for homeowners’ insurance purposes. This involves coordinating and completing on-site surveys within your own schedule, managing work assignments you accept, and solid computer skills as all reports are web-based and completed online. Previous insurance, inspection, construction or appraising experience preferred, but all interested candidates are encouraged to submit their qualifications. Independent Contractor rates may be negotiable based experience and the unique aspects of selected jobs.
- Professionally interact over the phone, via email, and in-person with homeowners and insurance agents
- Conduct on-site property surveys on high value homes as per customer specific guidelines and procedures
- Identify and document the construction materials/characteristics and unique features of the home
- Obtain exterior measurements of the home and other structures on the property
- Communicate the information gathered during on-site inspection in the provided web-based client requested forms accessed through the Castle website
Tools or Items You Must Provide:
- Digital camera
- Windows based computer (Internet Explorer required)
- High speed internet access
- Reliable vehicle
- Measuring device such as: laser, 100 ft. tape, or measuring wheel
- Auto and General Liability Insurance