Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dock & Door Technician
at Equipment Depot
Dock & Door Technician
Charleston, WV or Clarksburg WV
Looking for candidates in the Charleston or Clarksburg, WV area
Sign- on Bonus available! 1st shift Mon-Fri work week, great benefits, competitive pay, incentive programs, company vehicle and so much more!
Position Summary: To identify the specific needs of existing and potential customers (internal and external) and provide solutions that ensure profitability through total customer satisfaction, as defined by the customer. A Dock Technician will install and service dock equipment at various customer locations. The majority of work is outside and candidates need only apply if they are able to work in the various weather elements. Dock Technicians perform high quality service repairs on all loading dock equipment, examples can be dock levelers (aka – “plates”), dock shelters, dock seals, dock bumpers, commercial doors, and more.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Repair and service dock and doors.
- Experience maintaining either commercial doors or dock equipment
- Experience in welding is a plus.
- Basic electrical experience required, more advanced a plus
- Communicate with dispatcher to determine work schedule
- Drive to job site as assigned
- Have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company
- May be required to work in shop environment as needed
- Communicate with customer
- Order/obtain parts
- Repair equipment
- Complete paper work
- Diagnose equipment problems and offer solutions to meet customer specifications
- Problem-solve technical problems and customer-relations issues
- Obtain estimates
- Represent Equipment Depot to the customers
- Maintain a professional image of self and vehicles
- Emphasize and practice safety with self and environmental protection
- Work in a manner that protects customers, Equipment Depot and the public
- Communicate appropriate information to those who need to know on a timely basis
- Obtain equipment repair history
- Complete paperwork (fill out, obtain customer’s signature, process internally)
- Provide sales leads
- Communicate “need to know” information within the company (i.e. mechanics, parts, sales, transportation)
- Uphold the Equipment Depot vision, mission, values and objectives
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Involve everyone in continuous improvement
- Understand our customers
- Be an Innovator
- Look for change in process
- Seek new ideas in products/services
- Ask for suggestions from customers and suppliers…then listen
- Take action to improve
- Maintain acceptable personal and work area standards for safety, appearance and
- Wearing apparel and personal grooming; look professional
- Work area clean, orderly, litter free
- Equipment and tools in good repair
- Practice common sense safety at all times
SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 12+ months related experience in maintaining either commercial doors or dock equipment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Welding experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable through the company’s commercial insurance.
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations