DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
- Information Technology
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Technician II position will be located at our Customer Support Center. The technician will be responsible for supporting Work-at-home call center agents. All support will be remote over the phone or via WebEx. Will require computer hardware support, troubleshooting, maintenance, PC network connectivity, ticket resolution and end user application support. A successful candidate will know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures related to computer hardware/software support in an enterprise environment.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity and supports activities assigned by the help desk, network services, or other information systems groups
- Strong communication skills; supporting users who are remote requires the ability to lead troubleshooting conversations in a concise manner to ensure relevant details aren’t missed. Ability to communicate with patience and professionalism when dealing with users of different technology skill levels.
- Can perform 2nd level support of Linux-based thin clients and Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine environment; must have a good working knowledge of COTS software and system operating loads, problem ticket resolution and end user application support
- Provides updates, status, and completion information according to published procedures; enters and completes problem ticket information via the approved tracking system; logs all repairs and services performed; prepares progress reports
- Ability to research and recreate end-user problems to help with solving technical issues.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful IT Technician II will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree or Certificate in Computer Science or related field with two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and clients
- Ability to document information in a clear and logical manner for consumption by a large number of users.
- Team player who can work effectively with all levels of company personnel and who is flexible to meet customers’ requests with little to no notice
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Linux, VMware, Microsoft Office
- This position will require to be flexible with their schedule and requires night and weekend work, both scheduled and unscheduled, and should be available 7 days a week including holidays