Chestnut Ridge Church
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Front Desk)
at Chestnut Ridge Church
|Title:||Administrative Assistant (Front Desk)|
|Department:||Chestnut Ridge Church|
Administrative Assistant (Front Desk)
Expected Work Schedule: Part-time, approximately 12 hours per week for 4 hours on Wednesdays (as needed) and all day on Thursdays from 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Reports To: Office Manager
Summary: Responsible for completing general administrative duties as listed below, in order to ensure that the office runs as smoothly as possible on a daily basis and to ensure that all necessary materials are prepared for weekend services.
One-line Job Description: To support and serve the staff and church body of CRC during the business week by communicating in person, print, and by phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within ministry.
- Encourage and equip office volunteers by apprenticing them on many of the routine tasks.
- Handle website and email inquiries and forward to appropriate person each week.
- Enter and update information in church database.
- Setup and maintain office filing system.
- Proof, print, fold, and stuff weekend ATRs (programs), as well as any additional inserts.
- Manage office machines by ordering cartridges, changing toner, sending print counts to printer companies, calling and scheduling repairs, changing blade on paper cutter, cleaning folding machine, and emptying shredder.
- Prepare and mail letters to new online donors provided by the Financial Assistant.
- Forward people interested in baptisms to appropriate person.
- Manage prayer requests.
- Maintain and update Happenings Around the Ridge on Google Drive.
- Assist with membership process by creating and mailing letters, updating the information in the myCRC profiles, and filing the forms. Print membership manuals as needed.
- Print letterhead and return address envelopes. Check and restock these items.
- Print Ministry Cards for Kiosk and replenish cards as needed.
- Check quantities of supplies for order and coordinate orders with additional administrative assistant.
- Check and restock booklets for mailing purposes.
- Mail letters and sort mail.
- Distribute items received from Fed-Ex and UPS.
- Cross-train with additional administrative assistant and provide backup support as needed.
Welcome office guests/visitors (provide tours when requested, as time permits).
Answer incoming calls.
Place calls, emails, and correspondence for staff as needed.
Provide administrative support to ministry departments, Facilities, as well as other ministry volunteers.
Provide assistance for special events (setup, teardown, and cleanup).
Provide interface for benevolence calls/requests that come through the main office.
General Other Duties
Order supplies and run errands.
General office housekeeping including kitchen.
Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
Dependability – Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional attendee situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Welcoming, informing, and service oriented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.