Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Swim Instructor
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Salary Min
- USD $10.06/Yr.
- Salary Max
- USD $11.14/Yr.
CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
Swim instruction for preschool, school age and adult students in group and private lessons.
- Have familiarity with American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels and other Red Cross water safety courses and know how to use course materials effectively
- Adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives as set by Cleveland State University Campus Recreation Services
- Maintain order and discipline in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a learning atmosphere
- Demonstrate skills required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, lifejackets, etc
- Communicate regularly with participants to ensure they are aware of their progress
- Attend all mandatory full staff meetings and specific area meetings
- Check email and intranet on a regular basis
- Serve as a role model and maintain a professional attitude to all parents, children and co-workers on and off duty
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred but not required
- American Red Cross CPR
- Lifeguard Training and First Aid (preferred) Swimming Background
- Experience teaching swim lessons in a group setting
- Proficient in teaching skills to students at various skill levels
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Moderate to loud noise
- Physical conditioning