Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Adventure Recreation Attendant
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Outdoor Center
- Salary Min
- USD $8.75/Hr.
- Salary Max
- USD $8.75/Hr.
CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
Adventure Recreation is a program within the Marshall Recreation Center. Adventure Recreation consists of Outdoor Trips and Clinics, the Climbing Wall, Outdoor Equipment Rental, and Teambuilding. The Adventure Recreation Attendant position is responsible for assisting in primarily Climbing Wall and Outdoor Equipment Rental operations, while also assisting in outdoor trips and teambuilding operations.
- Greet members.
- Check member identification.
- Conduct safety clinics.
- Assist in Rock Wall oversight along side Supervisors.
- Assist in Outdoor Equipment maintenance.
- Assist patrons with rental and retail items.
- Assist the Outdoor Center Supervisor enforce policies.
- Answer telephone in a prompt and polite manner.
- Ability to work with other instructors in a group setting.
- Take equipment rental reservations.
- Keep the Climbing Wall and surrounding areas clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong reasoning, interpersonal communication, time management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Willingness and ability to enforce policies and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks at once with frequent interruptions.
- Completion of First Aid, CPR, and AED training, as required.
- Attend all mandatory monthly trainings.
- Basic computer competency.
- Interaction with patrons, faculty, staff.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Outdoor environment
- Office environment/fitness center environment
- Rock climbing wall environment
- Moderate to loud noise
- Standing or walking for at least 50% of the work day.
- Occasional bending, stooping, and carrying
- Climbing, belaying, and other climbing wall related activities.