Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator - Fitness & Wellness
- Job ID
- # Positions
CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
- Directly manage a comprehensive Fitness and Wellness program to include: Group Fitness Classes, Premium Programs, Wellness Education and Personal Training.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and actively mentor student and part-time staff in area of responsibility.
- Provide managerial and leadership experiences in program operations and create and promote professional development opportunities.
- Develop and implement continuing education and training for fitness and wellness staff.
- Assist in the coordination of purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of fitness equipment as needed.
- Serve as a group fitness instructor or personal trainer as needed.
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive wellness program in line with the mission of the university and department.
- Responsible for the operating, preparation, forecasting and monitoring of income and expense budgets as it relates to the fitness and wellness area.
- Develop and revise administrative policies and procedures within the areas of responsibility.
- Assess effectiveness and satisfaction of programs, services and facilities.
- Prepare regular written communication such as monthly and annual reports, financial and participation reports, and equipment inventory reports as needed.
- Create, encourage, and support professional development opportunities for staff, including professional association involvement, training programs, and individual mentoring.
- Build strong partnerships on campus and with vendors.
- Provide direction and oversight in accordance with the mission and goals of the department, division, and university.
- Complete comprehensive analytical and statistical reports regarding fitness and wellness patron participation.
- Oversee the Graduate Supervisor of Fitness and Wellness.
Site Specific Responsibilities:
- Monitor and assist with payroll processing for all staff within area of responsibility.
- Oversee staffing and programming of fitness based PEL courses (for credit activity courses)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- At least two years of programming experience preferred.
- Experience working in a collegiate/community recreation environment, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience within health and wellness.
- Knowledge of standard practices and demonstrated experience in recreational sports.
- Leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm.
- Analytical skills to: identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyle choices.
- Current group fitness instructor certification (or willing to obtain).
- Current personal training certification (or willing to obtain).
- Technical Competencies
- Some knowledge of HR theories and best practices in recruitment and staff development.
- Basic accounting knowledge; capability of understanding budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Adaptability, analytical & critical thinking, initiative & motivation, planning & project management, decision making & judgment, business acumen, customer service, teamwork, diversity awareness, interpersonal relationships, communication, integrity, leadership, long-term focus, organizational learning & change management.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves troubleshooting, informing, exchanging information, negotiating, making recommendations, and giving information or instructions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office/fitness center environment
- Non-smoking environment
- Moderate to loud noise
- Occasional local, regional and national travel
- Occasional evening or weekend work
- Sitting at desk or table for at least 70% of the work day
- Working in fitness center environment at least 30% of day
- Teach fitness class/personal training sessions as required
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Occasional bending, stooping
- Eye-hand coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking