Cabell Huntington Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room Supervisor
at Cabell Huntington Hospital
Supervisors support the Assistant Manager and Operations Manager of PeriOperative Services in the planning, directing, and coordinating of the operations of the Operating room. The Supervisors are responsible for providing functional direction to members of the health care team while optimizing available resources to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Responsible for making clinical decisions based on individual patient needs, patient acuity, technological demands, staff member competency, skill mix, practice standards, scheduling policy, health care regulations and accreditation requirements.
Supervisors will assist with developing priorities, goals, and action plans; develops and maintains scheduling procedures for staffing; assist with employee evaluations; assist with recruitment, interviewing, and orientation of new employees; acts as the direct supervisor of the OR staff which include RN, ORT, secretaries, and attendants. Supervisors will assist with the corrective action process and action plan process of all OR staff.
This role includes compliance of Vendor Policy and active collaboration with the OR Sterile Supervisors and Management team. Supervisors will assist and maintain an evaluation system for clinical personnel identifying educational needs for staff and assist with in-services in collaboration with, the PeriOperative educator overseeing education and training will be provided by the Assistant Director and Operations Manager. Facilitates communication and problem solving for managing the OR and OR schedule with additional communication of immediate concerns to the Assistant Manager, Operations Manager, or Executive Director. Acts as a positive role model, servant leader, team player, supporter, collaborator, and steward for the organization at all times while supporting the mission, vision and values of the organization. Supervisors will also ensure LEAN focused activities.
Supervisors will cover weekdays and a weekend assignment per schedule in order to maintain adequate supervision 7 days per week. The weekend rotation will be one weekend per schedule consisting of both Saturday and Sunday with the exception of a holiday weekend then it would be covered by Holiday staff. Supervisors will work 12 hour day shifts with the flexibility to be at beginning on shift at 6 a.m. and be available for ORS to give report at 6:15 a.m. Supervisor role is flexible to meet other assigned duties and shifts when requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- BLS/ACLS/PALS (active CPR at all times, Pals and acls within 6 months)
- Current RN licensure in WV
- CNOR (must obtain within 12 months)
- Up to one year of experience required
- Must have basic knowledge of case scheduling in the scheduling program.
- Must have understanding of surgical process flow throughout the Perioperative Services
- Must be clinically knowledgeable of surgical procedures and have the ability to be a resource for the staff.
- Must have worked a minimum of 6 months + in the role of OR Charge Nurse, OR Coordinator, or OR Management
- Preference given to one year or more experience
- Must have effective communication skills, ability to multi-task, direct, prioritize, and delegate.