Cabell Huntington Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Staff Quality Specialist
at Cabell Huntington Hospital
Coordinates Medical Staff activities to promote and ensure quality and improvement of patient care across the continuum. Ensures individual, team and organizational processes are implemented in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Cabell Huntington Hospital, its Medical Staff, and appropriate accreditation/regulatory/quality oversight agencies.
- Works collaboratively with the medical staff to review and evaluate performance improvement data to determine conclusions, recommendations, and actions for improvement.
- Works collaboratively with the medical staff department chairperson in the ongoing development of departmental Policy & Procedures.
- Communicates conclusions and recommendations for actions to be taken to appropriate members of the department/services.
- Is proactive in evaluating quality of care issues identified by other departments such as nursing, pharmacy, infection control, administration, etc. to be reviewed at medical staff section meetings and Medical Executive Committee
- Works with physicians, administration, and operational managers to recommend and implement service and clinical enhancements in pursuit of safety, clinical quality and effectiveness.
- Uses statistical techniques to analyze data, calculate rates and determine significance of infection control data showing the financial impact on the hospital.
- Investigates suspected/confirmed outbreaks of health care associated infection and implements control strategies promptly.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Dir. Risk Management and Dir. Quality and Performance Improvement and Regulatory Readiness Mgr. on clinical quality and safety issues.
- Bachelor's degree required
- WV RN license required
- Professional Medical Services Management certification preferred
- 5+ years healthcare experience required.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint