Aurora Flight Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
at Aurora Flight Sciences
# of openings:
Aurora Flight Sciences’ mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production and operation of advanced aircraft. A Process Engineer will support the creation, development and implementation of advanced manufacturing solutions for prototype and production aircraft. This position will support programs from manufacturing development through recurring production.
The Process Engineer will work side-by-side with Program Management, Quality Engineering, Production Management, Contracts and Supply Chain organizations in support of their assigned responsibilities.
Assist with production technology efforts including:
- Identify new technologies and new core processes for manufacturing at Aurora
- Perform Engineering duties on development programs
- Perform design and manufacturing engineering duties including:
- Layout and/or design of tooling required in support of programs
- Develop processes and product flows for part manufacture which meet program budget requirements
- Creation of process documentation including, but not limited to, specification creation/revision, work instructions and training processes
- Assist with creation of control programming required to support product builds
Perform other program duties including:
- Assist with production efforts on the production floor
- Assist with Program, Manufacturing and Quality Plan creation
- Assist with development and tracking of program schedules with stakeholders
- Customer coordination including, but not limited to, new program kick-off, recurring status and technical interchange meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 2 + years technical experience in manufacturing
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project
- CATIA V5 or similar CAD software
- Basic understanding of AS9100 Quality System
- May require lifting and carry up to 38 pounds on occasion
- Day shift, however off shift hours may be required based on need.