Aurora Flight Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aurora Flight Sciences
Job Reference #: 2106
# of openings:
- Service the development, production and delivery of aerostructure components and assemblies.
- Create and maintain Engineering masters and operations work orders through an electronic ERP System (SAP).
- Create part inspection check lists, first article inspections, manufacturing planning documents, inspection sheets, request for change inquiries, purchase orders, inspection drawings, prepare bid packages for the suppliers/vendors, prepare basis of estimates and quotes in support of business proposals, provide support to the production floor with drawing and technical specifications interpretations.
- Main interface with internal or external design engineering services.
- Prevent process bottlenecks and improve processes for the manufacturing engineering activities.
- Follow established company procedures and project execution processes.
- Performs to individual and company objectives and metrics. Incorporates lean manufacturing principles and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical/Manufacturing/Aerospace preferred) from an accredited university.
- 5+ years experience within composite or metal aerostructure manufacturing and assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with GD&T tolerance, assembly sequencing, and producibility utilizing Catia V5 (composites experience highly desirable)
- Experience utilizing ERP/MRP planning systems and bill of material interrogation for process planning.
- Must also understand the financial and scheduling metrics in successfully executing a program.
- Experience with fabrication of various metals a plus.
- Must be a US Person
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in a composite or metal manufacturing environment.
- May be required to support extended or alternate shifts.
- Teamwork - Provides and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Judgement - Planning/Organizing – Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic prioritized action plans.
- Professionalism - Maintains composure and Professionalism under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability - Keeps commitments, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively. Have the ability to work from the design for a product and develop processes for production, standards, and quality control.