Applied Memetics LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Cyber Security Specialist - (IR Monitoring & Handling / 10 years exp.)
at Applied Memetics LLC
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Applied Memetics LLC is seeking an experienced, motivated Lead Cyber Security Specialist to support our VA customer. The Computer Security Analyst will be responsible for providing security analysis and technical support to monitor, identify, and mitigate security incidents. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility. U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.
There is (1) opening for a Lead Cyber Security Specialist that requires SOC experience and Incident Response Monitoring & Handling.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. They will serve as an expert and be responsible for providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring various security tools (e.g., Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, SourceFire, Cisco ASA) to identify potential incidents, network intrusions, and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of VA architecture and information systems are protected
- Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
- Utilize incident response use-case workflows to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating
- Generating trouble tickets and performing initial validation and triage to determine whether incidents are security events using open source intelligence (OSINT)
- Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Reporting incidents to US CERT and providing detailed information for use in after action reports
- Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
- Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing tools/capabilities to protect the VA network, and assessments for High Value Assets
- Support during 1st shift required
** Government Contracting Experience Preferred **