Applied Memetics LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Security Architect - Senior (US citizenship req'd)
at Applied Memetics LLC
- Job ID
- Information Technology
AM LLC is seeking an Information Technology Security Architect - Senior. We have a unique and challenging opportunity for the most senior cyber security specialist/SME to lead the evolution of the cyber security operations of the VA enterprise network by researching, architecting, and designing one or more of the following forward-leaning programs:
- Automation and Integration of the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) VA Sensor Grid
- CSOC Support for VA Medical Devices
- Trusted VA Enterprise Network Design
- VA Role-based Network Access Control Design
- VA Cloud Security Operations Design
- VA Sensitive Data Exfiltration Protection, Analysis, Design, and Execution Plan
- Integration of VA Physical Security Controls into CSOC Operations
- SME Participation in NIST SPs, IETF, and IEEE forums
Deliverables for these efforts would consist of white papers, architecture, and design documents, presentations, and implementation plans. Position is preferred to be on site at the customer's facility.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, secure networks and current state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies, standards, policies, procedures. The candidate will be responsible for confirming VA requirements, garnering VA approval of an approach, proposing a solution, and in some cases creating an implementation plan.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating an approach for addressing the specific architectural, design, or process challenge
- Conducting a gap analysis of current versus desired capabilities
- Interviewing VA personnel to understand current operations and areas for improvement
- Researching available state-of-the-art technologies and solutions
- Creating white papers and presentations on the proposed solution
- Providing technical briefings to VA leadership
- Participation in NIST SPs, IETF, and IEEE forums, and creating meeting reports, recommendations, and feedback as directed by the government.
- Providing weekly status reports
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of industry experience in Information Technology or other engineering or technical discipline from a nationally recognized university with at least 5 of those years in cybersecurity. A Master's degree or above and 10 years of industry experience in IT or other engineering or technical discipline from a nationally recognized university with at least 5 of those years in cybersecurity is preferred.
- A CISSP certification is required with additional certifications in security-related topics desirable. CCIE certification is desirable.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of network architecture, Big Data, Splunk, RBAC, Cloud Security, medical device security, or network sensor technology highly desirable.
- Prior experience contributing to industry standards forums highly desirable
- Experience with advanced cyber security tools and technologies highly desirable
- In-depth understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing professional reports and briefings
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- This position may support a government contract and have access to classified or government protected information for which US citizenship is required
**Government contracting experience is preferred**