Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Yard Ops Associate, New Creek, WV
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Responsible for efficient operations of one or multiple yards that may include operating light/heavy duty equipment, loading and unloading product, executing standard receiving and shipping processes, providing spotting duties for equipment operators, rigging and cribbing of materials, maintaining inventory in the yard, and quality control duties. Responsible for warehouse duties that may include inventory management, picking/shipping orders, and receiving product.
- Provides spotting duties for equipment operators. Performs rigging and cribbing of all materials. Maintains a safe work environment by following all written safety guidelines, and ensures the zone of safety is monitored. Inspects all equipment used daily.
- Receives, counts, and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage. Records receiving data using computer. Packs, unpacks, and marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electronic marking tools, or other labeling equipment. Delivers products, supplies, and equipment to designated area as needed.
- May operate heavy equipment to include, but not limited to, wheel loaders, large/small forklifts, and other heavy lifting equipment
(i.e. straddle carriers). May operate motor vehicles to include, but not limited to, light duty trucks and commercial spotter vehicles.
- Unloads product from vendors’ trucks and trailers. Loads products on customers’ trailers. Executes all work assignment and follows applicable procedures.
- Maintains accurate paperwork for record keeping purposes.
- Maintains excellent housekeeping practices in order to promote a safe and clean working environment.
- Identifies incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notifies supervisor of issues. Verifies against physical count of stock. Examines and inspects stock items for wear and tear.
- May frequently interact with customers and maintain a high level of customer service.
We are looking for candidates with:
Equipment operations, warehouse, and customer service experience preferred.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Vacation time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options
* Many more benefits available!
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.