Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
Job Reference #: 2795
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Non-Profit/Social Services, Management - Project / Program, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator works with the Management Team to carry out the mission of the organization, specifically related to the Alzheimer's Association's programs and services, as well as community education, advocacy, outreach and awareness. This position is located in the North Central office in Morgantown, WV.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to Helpline calls in the North Central Regional Office
- Conduct Care Consultations with Alzheimer's families
- Assist with creation or update of program materials, manuals, handbooks, and maintain community resource finder data
- Support the regional support group network through recruiting and training facilitators, and providing support to volunteer facilitators
- Assist in creating and overseeing the portion of the annual work plan
- Schedule and conduct community workshops and trainings
- Coordinate regional physician outreach & program marketing
- Attend events and increase community awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the services provided by the Alzheimer's Association throughout the region as needed
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and further develop relationships with community agencies to promote awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association
- Identify recruit, train and supervise community volunteers to participate in the association's mission
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Chapter's comprehensive fund development and marketing plan
- Assist regional coordinator with administrative and fundraising initiatives as needed.
- Assist with implementation of Chapter's advocacy / public policy efforts
- Work with other Alzheimer’s Association staff to develop collaborative relationships with regional health care and community agencies on issues of aging and dementia
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 plus years of experience in volunteer development, community collaboration, community health outreach, and Alzheimer's disease preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of programs
- Proficient user of personal computer, Microsoft software applications, Google suite required; familiarity with donor software systems preferred
- Must possess valid driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of valid automobile insurance
- Self-starter, able to work with little supervision; highly motivated, detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- This position requires professional composure, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking, and a passion for the mission
- Experience executing projects to reach and exceed ambitious goals
- Ability to manage volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Interest and ease in working with corporations and constituents, including public speaking
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!