Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Manager - West Virginia/Connecticut
at Air Methods
The Area Manager is responsible for the oversight of a defined area with the Air Methods domestic air medical regional structure. Coordinates clinical, aviation, maintenance and Business Development services for the bases within their assigned area, to perform successfully to operational, safety, and financial metrics. Decisions and actions support the overall company strategy and mission, while supporting a customer focused mentality through account management. Supports operations through day to day leadership, focused on building an optimal culture at the local base level that exemplifies our core values and mission. Champions safety and quality operations which are paramount in all Air Methods Corp. operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee account/contract management with key customers in the defined region/program. Participation in Hospital Based Service (HBS) meetings
• Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Air Methods Corp. policies and applicable laws. Daily oversight and leadership with regional and customer leadership, and base staff
• Manage a P&L across assigned bases, and designated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to maximize profit contribution and variance management. Works to secure favorable arrangements to lower costs, etc.
• Oversee the supply chain and logistic needs for assigned bases, including the management of non-aviation, maintenance and clinical related activities and expenses
• Work with maintenance leadership in the planning of maintenance events and spare utilization to minimize any potential for base out of service events
• Work with aviation leadership to ensure Pilot training is accounted for in the scheduling process
• Provide oversight of Pilot, Mechanic and Clinical schedules to ensure 100% coverage of assigned bases
• Maintain and monitors business licenses, medical licenses and other licenses required to do business.
• Coordinate base startups, moves and closures. Facility repairs/maintenance and Lease management.
• Work with the Regional Director and Regional Vice President in the development of annual operational and capital budgets
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional job requirements:
• Ability to be available 24/7 for operational requirements
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 50%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the assigned area/region. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Master Degree in Business (MBA) preferred or equivalent
• Five (5) Years Air Medical and Supervisory Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels.
• Demonstrates high critical thinking, reasoning skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task efficiently and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage revenue and budgets
• Ability to prepare written reports
• Demonstrated Leadership
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.