Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer III
at Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
- Job Location
- Regular Full-Time
AceInfo is currently seeking a Network Engineer III to support our federal project, in Kearneysville, WV.
This position will report directly to the Network as a Service (NaaS) Operations Project Manager. NaaS is responsible for networking, monitoring as well as offering Performance Recording, Operational Troubleshooting, Evaluation & Consulting (PROTEC) assistant to the OSC business systems and other USCG entities by analyzing and improving system performance, stability and functionality and providing design consultation, performance base lining, troubleshooting, Load Testing and consulting services. The Engineer for this position provides administration for NAAS systems and assists the NaaS staff with thorough information gathering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a first-responder, interacting directly with users and system administrators to document and address service requests and trouble reports
- Diagnose and resolve common connectivity and network service issues
- Implement and manage F5 APM Profiles and Policies
- Apply F5 patches and security policies
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and Information Security teams
- Continue to learn advanced F5/network technologies
- Regularly review logs and reports for anomalies
- Ensure Secure-24X7 Security initiative for our customers
- Work within a multi-vendor (Cisco, Juniper, and F5, etc) environment
- Ensure bandwidth and SSL TPS are within thresholds that do not effect performance
- Adhere to industry best practices and standards
- Update Documentation and procedures
A prospective candidate for this position will have 10+ years of experience in technical Information technology engineering and architecture functions with a strong background in network infrastructure. Experience with F5 is preferred. Overall the ideal candidate will have strong skills in the design, planning, and building of data centers and providing service support for the previously mentioned technologies. The candidate will provide internal status reports, enforces quality control of project deliverables, and leads in the developing of efficient processes and procedures for continuing improvement of the certification and accreditation process.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented with strong technical knowledge, strong writing skills, and excellent customer relationship management skills. He or she will be responsible for supporting the planning, developing, finalizing, and reviewing of key deliverables in each stage of the certification and accreditation process. A strong understanding of standards and requirements outlined by Department of Defense (DOD) Security Technical implementation Guidelines (STIG), NIST, FISMA, and others as required is also a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or related degree program; or Current IT certification and relevant experience. CCNA, desired
- Masters Degree in related field can substitute a portion of work experience.
- Security + or other IT security related certification is required
- Use of standard office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook.
- General knowledge of Web Server Security and Policy
- General understanding of the OSI Model
- Understanding of Access Policy Manager (APM) and Application Security Manager (ASM) modules or similar technologies used for Web Application Firewalls.
- General understanding of SSL Certificates
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships
- Experience in data center design, planning and consolidation of global sites a plus
- Experience working with Authentication and Authorization Systems and concepts.
- Good understanding of infrastructure technology such as server, storage, network and inter-relationship with data center architecture designs and services
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance (S or TS)
- Excellent technical writing skills in the English language, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner.
- LAN/WAN infrastructure design and implementation experience in F5 highly desired.
- Experience working F5 Products: LTM, DNS, ASM, APM
- Understanding of F5 iApps and automation concepts
- Knowledge of the Department of Homeland Security enterprise architecture including security policies, procedures, and guidance. Experience with NIST certification and accreditation processes.
- Understanding of and experience with implementing DOD STIG requirements
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IT security architecture and design (firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, and virus protection technologies -- behavioral based a plus).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies. Hands-on experience required.
- Knowledge of various operating systems and hardware.
- Basic programming and database training. The Ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following certifications: Security+, CCNA, DoD or DHS security clearance.
- F5 Certified Big-IP Administrator (F5-CA) or Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N)
- Advanced ADC Certifications (F5-CTS, F5-CSE, CCP-N) Preferred.
Additional industry network certifications (CCNA/P, JNCIA/S) a plus
U.S. Citizen is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15 years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.