Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer Operator I
at Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
- Job Location
- Regular Full-Time
AceInfo is currently seeking a Computer Operator I to support our federal project, in Kearneysville, WV. The work hours for this position are Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday- Saturday from 10:00 pm to 8:30 am.
This is a full-time position in a 24x7 environment, and requires employees to work various shifts, holidays, weekends and occasional overtime. Candidate must be flexible, intuitive, self-motivated, and demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills. Candidate must work well both alone and in a highly structured team environment. The successful candidate is goal oriented, highly productive and projects a strong professional image. Initial shift assignment expected to be 3rd shift after completion of training.
- Analyze and enter message traffic from shipping interests concerning vessel travel to U.S. ports and world-wide.
- Validate vessel information entered into the databases.
- Interface with government and vessel customers.
- Provide technical and non-technical customer support services.
- Provide alarm response and notification support duties.
- Perform logging of daily events and other administrative functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in an IT field is desired.
- Security+ certification required. Must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Self starter who can “think ahead”.
- Clear understanding of application support requirements.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office tool suite.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to meet requirements of System specific training that is provided on site.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity working in an Active Directory environment.
- Familiarity working with Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Experience with the BMC Remedy Action/Request Tool
- Experience with either or both the AMVER and SANS applications
- Experience with the NimSoft or other monitoring systems
- Use of the Deltek time keeping system
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 Framework
- Existing knowledge of USCG Business and Support systems is highly desirable
- Technical customer support / help desk experience
- Proficiency in data entry
U.S. Citizenship is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15 years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.