Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications Developer I
at Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
- Job Location
- Regular Full-Time
AceInfo is currently seeking a Applications Developer I to support our federal project, in Kearneysville, WV.
The successful candidate will assume primary responsibility for Application Developer I duties on the CGFixIT Team. The Application Developer will work as part of a team, hand in hand with existing application developers and administrators to deliver production solutions for the CGFixIT application. You will also be part of the core 24x7 operations and maintenance support team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
The Applications Developer will execute tasks given to support the project including gathering requirements, system administration, request and incident response, system installation and configuration, and will perform various duties as determined by management which may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with PCS and technical staff to develop and update OSC standard documentation, including underlying processes and procedures.
- Work with PCS and technical staff to develop and document technical requirements.
- Implement and configure BMC Remedy ITSM software per requirements as directed.
- Troubleshoot and correct BMC Remedy ITSM software issues.
- Perform application upgrades including vendor supplied patches and service packs.
As a member of the CGFixIT team, you will be responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical production environments as well as all aspects of administration for non-production environments. You will be expected to perform multiple functions, including the resolution of production problems and assisting users with issues beyond what front-line support are able to resolve.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or related degree program or equivalent work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1+ years IT engineering experience supporting projects and systems of similar size, scope and technical complexity to those supported under this contract.
- Remedy ITSM experience (version 1808 or higher preferred)
- Experience with integrating other technology tools with Remedy ITSM.
- The candidate must be able to install and configure the Remedy software package
- Use BMC Remedy Developer Studio to configure application by creating workflow in accordance with project requirements using forms, filters, active links, and escalations.
- Experience with report and dashboard creation using BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
- Design server group architecture and application failover operation rankings
- Work with network, server and database support to monitor performance and implement new technologies using vendor best practice
- Experience developing and supporting web services using WSDL, SOAP, and REST for communication between Remedy ITSM and external systems.
- Experience with Single Sign On and creating key stores for SSL encryption
- Experience reviewing server and application logs and understanding Standard Query Language (SQL).
- The candidate will assist in collecting, organizing and editing information required for preparation of functional requirements document, design documents, training materials, user manuals and reports.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with diverse personalities and working styles in a team environment
- Candidate will need to interact directly with customers to identify and resolve project issues.
- Candidate must understand processes, have strategic vision, ability to interview and survey client technical representatives to customize the Remedy workflow.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc).
- Familiarity or ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong customer service and consultation skills.
- Must be flexible, intuitive and self-motivated.
- Performance problem identification and remediation
- Familiarity with Windows 2016 Server & RHEL 6/7 administration
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member
- Provide level of effort estimates to manager for project efforts.
- Research and investigate problems and develop viable solutions and/or workarounds; report findings and recommendations clearly and effectively to team.
- Work with the Document Management Specialist to record all routine procedures and update appropriate documentation as needed.
- Candidate must be willing to support cross-training initiatives to ensure system maintainability and be willing to train/mentor other Application Developers on the team.
- Work hours are consistent but occasional ad hoc requirements necessitate flexible hours.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) suite
- Understanding of ITIL processes and their use in Remedy
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Web services integration experience a plus.
- Oracle 12 Database knowledge a plus
- Existing knowledge of USCG Business and Support systems is highly desirable.
- US Citizenship
- NACI or ability to obtain.
- Must have Security + Certification
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15 years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.